Saturday, June 17, Noon – 2 PM
The signature event of Parktacular is the Grand Day Parade. The parade became a staple of summer in St. Louis Park even before the celebration was named Parktacular. Year after year, curbs are covered with blankets and boulevards are lined with chairs to watch. The Grand Day Parade takes place rain or shine and is one of Parktacular’s most popular events.
The Parktacular Parade Committee would like to invite your company or organization to participate in this year’s Grand Day Parade. Come join in the fun with the bands, Ambassador’s floats, and local groups as we march/walk/drive through lovely St. Louis Park. Businesses/Political Candidates pay $100 to participate. Non-profits and civic organizations can participate in the parade for FREE! Please complete the parade application no later than May 30th (earlier is recommended). This will assist us with the staging process and cable television coverage. Line-up is at 10 am on June 17, more information will be sent the first week in June.
Questions: Contact Terri Kane at 612-377-1137 or email
Grand Day Parade Registration Deadline: May 30, 2017
- Absolutely no throwing of any items from a parade unit. Walkers may distribute candy, coupons, flyers, stickers, or other items while at the curbside.
- No standstill performances will be allowed.
- St. Louis Park Parktacular requires proof of liability insurance before a motorized vehicle may be allowed in the parade. Any unit without such information will be pulled from the event. Please send via email or mail (3700 Monterey Drive, St. Louis Park, MN 55416) your current insurance information.
- Every participant must sign a 2017 Ptac Parade Waiver and send via email or mail (3700 Monterey Drive, St. Louis Park, MN 55416). A representative of your unit may sign a single waiver on behalf of your group.
- Consumption of alcohol during the reception, line-up, parade, or take-down is strictly forbidden.
- All vehicles not in the parade MUST LEAVE the line-up area after dropping off individuals or after setting up floats. Please make driving arrangements in advance of parade day.
- At parade end, all floats/units must exit the parade route down Beltline Blvd as far north as possible for take-down, away from the intersection at Monterey.
- Each business/politician/candidate pays $100 to participate. There will be no charge for non-profits and visiting ambassadors. Your payment must be included with your application to make it complete.
- All animal units will be responsible to clean-up after their animals.
Please submit your information below to complete your application.
40th & Joppa to the Rec Center, 3700 Monterey Drive
Parade takes place rain or shine