Our new buttons are hot off the press and ready for you to purchase.
You can find buttons to purchase at the following locations:
- SLP City Hall – 5005 Minnetonka Blvd
- SLP Rec Center – 3700 Monterey Blvd
- and various local businesses being updated shortly
Buttons are $5 each and will get you the following perks:
- Entry into Splash into Summer – Thursday, June 16 – SLP Rec Center
- Entry into Rock the ROC Concert – Friday, June 17 – The ROC
- $1 off a pint of beer at Steel Toe Brewing during Parktacular Weekend
- $1 off a pizza at Parkway Pizza during Parktacular Weekend
- more perks being added so check back later
About the Button Design
Monkey Island was painted by 1960 St Louis Park High School alum Katy Johnson Hallberg. Growing up in St Louis Park and visiting this magical place during school field trips was a highlight during her early school years in the 40’s & 50’s. She had found memories of the “bee hives”, lilacs and Rock Island. She donated the painting to the SLP Historical Society in 2020 where it currently hangs. The Parktacular Festival was looking for an iconic representation of SLP for their button design and asked permission to use part of the painting for its design this year. It was graciously granted. Thank you Katy!