Saturday, June 18, 2022
The signature event of Parktacular is the Grand Day Parade. The parade became a staple of summer in St. Louis Park even before the celebration was named Parktacular. Year after year, curbs are covered with blankets and boulevards are lined with chairs to watch. Please be socially distant as you decide where to watch this year. The Grand Day Parade takes place rain or shine and is one of Parktacular’s most popular events.
Questions: Contact Terri Kane at 612-377-1137 or email
- Absolutely no throwing of any items from a parade unit. Walkers may distribute candy, coupons, flyers, stickers, or other items while at the curbside.
- No standstill performances will be allowed.
- St. Louis Park Parktacular requires proof of liability insurance before a motorized vehicle may be allowed in the parade. Any unit without such information will be pulled from the event. Please send via email or mail (3700 Monterey Drive, St. Louis Park, MN 55416) your current insurance information.
- Every participant must sign a Parade Waiver Agreement and send via email or mail (3700 Monterey Drive, St. Louis Park, MN 55416). A representative of your unit may sign a single waiver on behalf of your group.
- Consumption of alcohol during the reception, line-up, parade, or take-down is strictly forbidden.
- All vehicles not in the parade MUST LEAVE the line-up area after dropping off individuals or after setting up floats. Please make driving arrangements in advance of parade day.
- At parade end, all floats/units must exit the parade route down Beltline Blvd as far north as possible for take-down, away from the intersection at Monterey.
- Each business/politician/candidate pays $100 to participate. There will be no charge for non-profits and visiting ambassadors. Your payment must be included with your application to make it complete.
- All animal units will be responsible to clean-up after their animals.
2022 Parade Lineup
Lineup area opens at 10 a.m. Check in is at the corner of Excelsior Blvd and Glenhurst Ave.
Directions to Lineup
Note: there is construction in the area and some roads are closed. Please click HERE for updates.
If you are coming from the north, you will have to take Excelsior Blvd exit to the lineup area. If you are coming from the south you can take Excelsior or 36th Street. There is construction at the end of the route as well but there will be people around to direct you through it.
40th & Joppa to the Rec Center, 3700 Monterey Drive
Parade takes place rain or shine